More Soccer! (from Sam)
Here's some more, from a friend in St. Paul:
All-Twin Cities edition: The Hang Ups vs. The Busy Signals.
No Neck Blues Band vs. The Stranglers
Super Furry Animals vs. Echo and the Bunnymen
Hum vs. The Static (experimental noise rock from the early 80s or so, I've never actually heard them)
Heads and Bodies vs. The Dismemberment Plan
Cypress Hill vs. Julius Hemphill (Cypress Hill might as well be Hemp-hill... they like weed)
X vs. The Ex (winner plays XTC)
Very nice, Sam.
Also, there's a couple of bands that I've run into on MySpace that are fantastic. Kawaii is Norwegian, and they have a nice happy group-oriented sort of sing-along style. Marching Band (formerly known as Second Language) are Swedish. They're nice guys. They're kind of Kings of Convenience meets American Analog Set. Only not so American. Because they're not from America. They're from Sweden.
Annnnd, I'm spent.
Latiflearned.com - Go Listen
No comments:
Post a Comment