Wednesday, February 02, 2005

I'm forcing myself to write poems. Song lyrics. Because I always seem to lean toward just waiting for inspiration to strike, which is an unreliable method for being a musician. A singer/songwriter type. It works, but not, you know, all of the time. And I want to be consistent. So I'm forcing myself to write lyrics as an exercise in craft versus inspiration, Trying to put a little more concertedness in the effort, as it were. We'll see if it bears any more fruit. Or if the fruit it bears is like, little and hard and only good for making juice or pies.
But it's not like I'm going to post them here or anything. Ugh. Too exposing. I'm not as brave as some people I know. But I wouldn't need to be brave if I wrote better lyrics. Hence the exercise.
Anna and I are going to Belgium (Brussels) and Italy (Venice) in a couple of weeks. So there. Because there's this Valentine's Day thing, and then there's a certain three year anniversary on the 24th. Boo-ya. And who says February is the coldest month of the year? Well, it is pretty cold... But there's so much red going around...
Okay, I can tell when it's just a rant I'm ranting. If you have more than two sets of ellipses in your document, it's time to say: Bye.

No comments: