As in the other blog, it's been a while since I wrote anything. There's no real super-good reason for this, except for the fact that I probably have nothing interesting to say. Not that that's going to stop me today. Hold on tight.
Here's a bit of news: my good friend Paulo who lives in Brasil is now serving my music, as well as the musics of various other super-awesome totally independent to the max bands all over the world that everybody needs to know about, online. You should all go there and download everything. It might be a bit slow, apparently his ISP is "sticking it" to him. But it's worth the wait. I think you'll be able to figure out which stuff is mine :) Also, I now have a link on the sidebar (Seasac Records) where the Ugly By Now link used to be, because that's also where the Ugly By Now stuff resides these days. Much much music for free! And it's updated often often. I'm currently putting a track up every few days or so, but we'll see how long that lasts.
I was sick yesterday. So I figured out how to write graphical applications for Mac OS X. There's this thing called Cocoa, and it contains the power of white magic. Let me rephrase that. There are these things called Powerbooks. When you can get them to turn on, they are like God machines. Apple can quote me on that, provided that they give me another one that turns on consistently. Having to do a Cirque de Soleil balancing act, with a laptop poised on my fingertips, pressing various buttons, while I chant in tongues, in the park, every day, is hard on my social profile. Do you hear me, Steve Jobs? Are you out there? You want the French to like me, right? By the way, whiskey and soup and tea and Emergen-C take care of being sick. It's mostly the whiskey is our take on the matter here in Montpellier.
Being in the park with my laptop is like a social event.. Curious people ask me things like, "Does the internet come from the air?" or "Hey, is that WiFi (pronounced weefee in French)?" or "Where did the sleek-looking God machine come from?" or "Want some hash?" when I sit in the park with it on my lap, furtively stealing internet so as to download tracks by Miss Kittin and post blog entries. I answer yes yes yes. It feels good to be so positive. Although, I have to turn down the hash guys. Just not my thing.
I'm going on a hitchiking trip soon. I'm planning on getting around northern Spain and southern France. I'll probably not be updating the blog while I'm gone (like the last week of November), but with any luck, I'll have some good stories to write when I get back. You know, to keep everybody riveted to their seats, pressing "update" frantically in the hope that maybe I'll have posted one more, just one more, while you were reading the last.
Hasta entonces.
Tuesday, November 16, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you write like you talk. that so fucking cool. I can just hear the donald voice in my head going.
Post a Comment